NDC, headquartered in Irwindale, California, USA, develops and manufactures measurement
and control systems for a wide range of industrial applications, supporting its global customer
base through its three centers of excellence:
USA (for measurement and control systems for the web industries)
UK (for infrared gauging and applications development)
Belgium (for metal industry gauging systems)
There are also direct sales and customer support operations in China, Japan, Germany, France, Italy, Singapore and India and distribution in over 60 countries across the globe.
Our global client base consists of some of the world's most successful companies, who rely on NDC to ensure that their quality, product performance and process yield meet the stringent standards demanded by their customers.
NDC manufactures and develops systems using a wide range of measurement technologies, including: NIR (near infrared), Nucleonic, Optical, X-Ray, Laser and Microwave. Every measurement system is specifically application engineered for its end use.
NDC has two key product groups:
- NDC Systems: for the converting, extrusion, calendering, metals and nonwovens industries, delivering real-time measurement and control of key product parameters such as product thickness, coating thickness, basis weight, width, flatness and edge shape.
- NDC Sensors: on-line gauges and at-line analyzers for the measurement of moisture and other key product constituents in the food, chemical, pharmaceutical, mineral, bulk materials and tobacco industries.
NDC's Business Mission is "to provide measurement and control solutions that meet the needs of our customers and enable them to maximize process profitability and product quality; to strive for ever increasing simplicity and convenience in the application of our technology; and to maintain our world leadership and reputation for the supply of accurate, reliable, and robust systems and instrumentation."
The exceptional growth of NDC over the last four decades is the result of many factors, including:
- Unique Sensor Technologies
- Value-Added Measurement and Control Solutions
- Superior Operator Interfaces
- Exceptional Reliability in Harsh Environments
- Comprehensive Customer Care
- Service and Support Worldwide
- Distribution with representation in Over 60 Countries
The company's quality system is certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2008.
NDC and Spectris plc
The company is part of Spectris plc, leading supplier of productivity enhancing instrumentation and controls, and was formed when Infrared Engineering Ltd (which had been acquired in 1992) merged in 1998 with NDC Systems Inc. (which had been acquired in 1997). Both companies had operated as private entities until their acquisition and the roots of both were to be found in the rapid advances in sensor technology in the 1960's and 70's. A third company, IRM Group SA was acquired in 2011 to spearhead the company's expansion into the metals industry, and its products are distributed and supported through NDC global sales and customer care structure.
Spectris is listed on the London Stock Exchange with a total turnover in 2011 of over $1.5 billion, and owns a number of companies operating in four business sectors:
- Materials Analysis
- Test and Measurement
- In-Line Instrumentation (including NDC)
- Industrial Controls
To get an overview of our capabilities, you might wish to start by visiting "Products" or "Industries" or clicking on the titles at the top of this page. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spectris is committed to developing a business culture founded on integrity, in which unethical behavior is not tolerated. The Spectris Code of Business Ethics is available for public viewing from the Spectris website.