Accurate metal thickness measurement for cold rolling mills requires a high performance and reliable gauging system. This is of paramount importance due to the near 100% uptime requirements of modern cold rolling mills and to ensure precise and correct product thickness prior to final processing and shipment to the customer.
The NDC AccuRay X-Ray Thickness Systems deliver measurement performance exceeding that required for the newest, most technologically advanced rolling mills built today. To ensure constant high performance regardless of mill or line type, each system is application-matched by optimizing the x-ray power and sensor components. All systems feature a metal-ceramic x-ray tube, over rated high-voltage power supply and a fully digital TDi-700 system architecture. This combination creates stable and repeatable measurement performance for extended mill rolling campaigns.
All x-ray sensors feature application-matched ion chambers. Developed through years of application experience these efficient detectors feature unique designs with 1ms. response times. To further reduce signal noise the detector output is converted to digital within the c-frame.
The low noise and inherent stability of these systems allows permanent factory calibration covering the entire thickness range. This eliminates time consuming in-mill calibrations, x-ray power adjustments and the associated sample magazines. Automatic alloy calibration is standard in all systems. For higher precision, CPM (Complete Physical Model) provides coil-to-coil calibration based on actual composition.
Supplier support is also important through on-site maintenance services, remote support and spares logistics. NDC’s gauges feature embedded diagnostics with step by step predictive maintenance procedures to assist on-site personnel in keeping the system operating at peak performance. This includes status displays, alarms, reports and VPN links for remote expert support from NDC.
Summary of benefits:
- Non contact measurement
- Ultra-stable low-noise measurement
- Established product calibration techniques
- Fully digital system design featuring the TDi-700 architecture
- Robust mechanical design for harsh mill environments
- Constant system monitoring and self diagnostics
- Easy to use Windows® based user interface
- Integrated SQL database for easy data storage and analysis
- Distributed system intelligence
- Full integration to mill/line control network
- Remote system access and diagnostics
Related Products: Steel & Aluminum Sensors
- XRT-1: Steel and Aluminum Thickness
- XRT-2: Steel and Aluminum Thickness
- XRT-3: Steel Thickness
- TLXR2: Aluminum Foil Thickness
- TLXR3: Aluminum Foil Thickness