At NDC, the health and safety of our employees and our unwavering commitment to supporting our valued customers during these challenging times are top priorities. In this week's blog is a letter from our President providing updates to our Covid-19 response.
Dear NDC Customer,
I’d like to first start by thanking you for your business and the support that your organization has given to us – I’m truly grateful for the trust that you’ve placed in our products, people and technology. Our passion and commitment is to deliver value – delivering measurement and control solutions that not only play a vital role in the production of your products but provide a distinguishing difference that enables you to profitably serve your own end-customers.
The purpose of my outreach is to provide you with an update as to how NDC is addressing the Coronavirus crisis and to share the outline of our business continuity plans that will ensure our continued ability to support your production operations. NDC is deemed an essential business by the State of Ohio because we provide the products and services for essential industries that produce critical goods for the food processing, healthcare and other key manufacturing sectors. The trust that you’ve placed in our product brings with it a vital responsibility and we will be doing everything in our power to ensure your operations are not negatively impacted by the Coronavirus outbreak.
Since the first signs of the outbreak, NDC instituted several measures and precautions, all aimed at mitigating or eliminating the risks that the Coronavirus poses to the continuity of our production facilities and customer support services. This includes:
- Analyzing the demand of all major production components and initiating additional orders to ensure that our supply of these parts will not be interrupted by supply chain shortages
- Ensuring 24/7 on-line customer support via com service cloud, which includes remote support, and the timely fulfillment of spare parts anywhere in the world
- Instituted rigorous health and safety processes and protocols at our production facilities, including regular disinfecting of all common areas and workstations, establishing consistent physical separation measures in production areas and verifying cross-training of employees for essential roles and processes
- Established “work from home” policies for all non-essential employees at the facility to reduce any unnecessary risk of exposure to our production staff
- Reviewed the business continuity plans of our four production partners as well as conducted ongoing sharing of best practices for the health and safety of its production employees
- Leveraging the commercial strength of our parent, Spectris, in securing capacity on air, land and ocean-bound carriers, to ensure we’re able to get products delivered to our end customers around the world
We will continue to monitor all aspects of the Coronavirus, assessing the risks and implementing any and all needed risk mitigation strategies. I want to assure you that we will continue to do everything in our power to ensure that our supply of control and measurement solutions are not interrupted by this crisis. On behalf of all NDC employees, we’re honored to be able to serve your needs and thank you for your business.
With best regards,