NDC is currently seeking an Application Scientist, working under the direction of the Product Development Manager to join our R&D team based in Maldon, Essex UK. Although based in Maldon, there will be elements of travel and the opportunity to work from home on a part-time basis.
- Candidates must have a BSc degree 2-1 or higher, ideally in Chemistry but other disciplines considered
- Ideally experience in industry with a good understanding of scientific instrumentation and laboratory methods
- Must be practical as the role involves hands-on approach in preparing samples, collecting data and analysis as part of the development of new Products and Applications
- Must be innovative and self-motivated, prepared to go the extra mile to achieve targets, including working extra hours when needed
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate at the employee, manager and upper management levels
- Experience with MS office software, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point and MS Project
The role predominately involves the development of applications for our range of NIR sensors. A good knowledge of NIR spectroscopy, chemometrics and mathematical modelling are desired.
Full driving license required.